- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- Layer two 24-in. pieces of aluminum foil; starting with a long side, fold up foil to create a 1-in.-wide strip. Shape strip into a coil to make a rack for bottom of a 6-qt. oval slow cooker. Add water to slow cooker; set foil rack in water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until potato is lightly browned. Stir in paprika. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish (dish must fit in slow cooker).
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, thyme, pepper sauce, salt and pepper; stir in 2 ounces cheese. Pour over potato mixture. Top with tomatoes and remaining goat cheese. Place dish on foil rack.
- Cook, covered, on low 3 hours or until eggs are set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Frittata Provencal
Sort By :
"The flavors of this dish are very good! I didn't make it in a crock pot because of time restraints but I baked it in a stone casserole dish until the center was nearly set. It finished baking as it sat. We loved the sun-dried tomatoes and the goat cheese together. I even sprinkled some cheddar on top before eating it. I think it would also be good with some spicy breakfast sausage added to the mix! Yum! We will have this again!"