Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 beef rump or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 carton (26 ounces) beef stock
- 12 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Cut roast in half. Mix onion powder, garlic powder and Creole seasoning; rub onto beef. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add stock. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- Place buns on ungreased baking sheets, cut side up. Using tongs, place beef on bun bottoms. Place cheese on bun tops. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Close sandwiches; serve with cooking juices. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches(4)
Sort By :
Very good! What a wonderful smell greeted me when I walked in the door on a cool evening after a long day at work. Maybe I shouldn't admit it, but this was the first time my husband and I had ever eaten Havarti cheese, we loved it with the sandwiches. I added some slow-cooked fresh green beans from our fall garden and some oven fries and we had a weeknight feast! I loved how easy it was to assemble in the crockpot, too.
Very tender beef with a good flavor. Toast the rolls before putting the beef on, or they will get too wet and fall apart.
Very easy to make and very tender. It has a good flavor. We added banana peppers to the sandwich for a little extra kick.
I served these for the first time last night and my whole family loved them. Best French Dip or shredded beef sandwich of any kind that I have ever had!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beef Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Sandwiches >