Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
Tender beef on toasted rolls with steaming pan juices, these sandwihces make a standout addition to the buffet line. —Holly Neuharth, Mesa, AZ
- 1 beef rump or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 carton (26 ounces) beef stock
- 12 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 1. Cut roast in half. Mix onion powder, garlic powder and Creole seasoning; rub onto beef. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add stock. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- 3. Place buns on ungreased baking sheets, cut side up. Using tongs, place beef on bun bottoms. Place cheese on bun tops. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Close sandwiches; serve with cooking juices. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich with 1/3 cup au jus equals 456 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC