Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Tender beef on toasted rolls with steaming pan juices, these sandwihces make a standout addition to the buffet line. —Holly Neuharth, Mesa, AZ
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef rump or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 carton (26 ounces) beef stock
- 12 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Cut roast in half. Mix onion powder, garlic powder and Creole
- seasoning; rub onto beef. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add stock.
- Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool
- enough to handle, shred beef with two forks and return to slow
- Place buns on ungreased baking sheets, cut side up. Using tongs,
- place beef on bun bottoms. Place cheese on bun tops. Broil 3-4 in.
- from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Close sandwiches;
- serve with cooking juices. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich with 1/3 cup au jus equals 456 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium,