- 1 beef rump or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 carton (26 ounces) beef stock
- 12 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Cut roast in half. Mix onion powder, garlic powder and Creole seasoning; rub onto beef. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add stock. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- Place buns on ungreased baking sheets, cut side up. Using tongs, place beef on bun bottoms. Place cheese on bun tops. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Close sandwiches; serve with cooking juices. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This recipe was very easy and using the slow cooker really sold me on it! I was afraid the meat would be dry but it was very moist and the broth mixture was really good. We added some sliced onions in the mix too for added flavor. Will definitely make again!"
"Loved by all! Easy and great tasting recipe!"
"Everyone loved this. Will make again."
"French dip sandwiches are my favorite so I had high hopes for these. I was very disappointed. I cooked the meat for the minimum amount of time, rubbed with the exact amount of spices and ended up with dried out meat with no flavor. I'm not sure if I will attempt to ever make these again."
"I like to put in some hot Italian peppers. Great recipe and will make again."