Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches with Broth Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls or French bread
- 1. Remove and discard all visible fat from roast; cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, bouillon and spices; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast. Cover and cook over low heat 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 2. Remove meat from broth; reserve broth. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on hard rolls or French bread slices with broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
1/12 recipe (calculated w/o bread) equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.