Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches with Broth Recipe
This recipe is great for an easy meal, since the meat cooks all day without any attention. Kids of all ages are fond of these super sandwiches.
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls or French bread
- 1. Remove and discard all visible fat from roast; cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, bouillon and spices; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast. Cover and cook over low heat 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 2. Remove meat from broth; reserve broth. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on hard rolls or French bread slices with broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
1 each: 175 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches with Broth
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC