Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches with Broth Recipe
This recipe is great for an easy meal, since the meat cooks all day without any attention. Kids of all ages are fond of these super sandwiches.
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls or French bread
- Remove and discard all visible fat from roast; cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, bouillon and spices; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast. Cover and cook over low heat 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat from broth; reserve broth. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on hard rolls or French bread slices with broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
Originally published as French Dip Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p136
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches with Broth(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Sandwich Recipes >