Slow Cooker Fajitas Recipe
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place peppers and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with beef. Combine the water, vinegar, lime juice and seasonings; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 3/4 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with salsa,cheese and cilantro; roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Fajitas(19)
Sort By :
When you remove the meat and peppers from the broth at the end of cooking, it had no favor. All the season was in the unusable liquid at the bottom of the crock pot. I removed all meat and veggies to a bowl and liberally seasoned again with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. They were tasty, but sloppy. I'd make it again. Next time I would probably reduce the water by half.
I make my own salsa, and using it instead of water is much better in this recipe. I had to adjust seasonings to our taste and put the veges on top of the meat instead of under. Pretty good
Way too much liquid and way too little taste....veggies were mush. I wanted to like it just because of the ease of cooking it. Still in search of a great fajita recipe...I hoped this would be it.
Once the cook time was completed, there was too much liquid in the slow cooker for my liking. Flavor a bit bland. Oh well!
I took the advice on here and used the bag of frozen onions and peppers and it worked great. I used the seasonings in the recipes but also sprinkled a little fajita seasoning on top since people said it was a little bland. It was delicious. It was nice having a fajita that didn't taste like leather.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >