Slow Cooker Fajitas Recipe
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Place peppers and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with beef. Combine the water, vinegar, lime juice and seasonings; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, place about 3/4 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with salsa,cheese and cilantro; roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
1 fajita equals 335 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Fajitas
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.