Slow Cooker Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cheeses.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Enchiladas
Sort By :
Did not like it. Actually threw it in the trash. Gooey with no taste. Could not think how to make it better if I were to cook it again. Disgusting.
I was 2 hours into cooking this when I decided to read the reviews. Glad I did..I turned it off and it is delicious. I used more cheese than it called for and wish I had added garlic. I was concerned about getting it out of the crockpot but had no problem with 2 spatulas. Next time I will use corn tortillas or bake in the oven.
Was good. Not what I thought it would be, but definitely good.
This sounds strange to me. I have definitely made layered enchiladas instead of rolled but why would you put it in a crock pot for 5 hours when you've already cooked the meat and beans? It sounds like you would have a soggy sloppy mess. Even layered in a casserole dish and tossed in the oven for 30 minutes would give you a hot bubbly dinner with nice crispy edges.... the only thing I would use a crock pot for would be to soak and cook the beans so I didn't have to use canned. Can anyone tell me how cooking this for 5 hours makes it delish? Very curious....
How do you get this yummy looking dinner OUT of the slow-cooker?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >