Slow Cooker Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cheeses.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Worked out great for our family!"
"This turned out so much better than I thought it would. Had no issues getting it out of the crockpot. We just cut our portion sizes for each individual and dished it up. Did not try to take it out whole."
"That did not come out of the crockpot!!! Thanks for the tips ladies, I will make this but bake in the oven for the normal enchilada time instead of the crockpot!"
"This was EXCELLENT with a few adjustments :)I had to leave out the onion/garlic because my husband is sulfur intolerant but I'm sure it would have put this over the top. The only thing I did differently was double the cheese and double the tortillas.I started with the layer of meat/beans, *added the cheese*, put down two small tortillas side- by - side (they overlapped a little), and then the cheese again. I did this for the whole thing and it prevented the tortillas from getting slimy by putting cheese on both sides and my family LOVES cheese.Top with sour cream and it was delicious. Oh, I cut each circle like a pie for each serving and just used a fork to pull it out. Absolutely delicious!"
"Did not like it. Actually threw it in the trash. Gooey with no taste. Could not think how to make it better if I were to cook it again. Disgusting."