Slow Cooker Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cheeses.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Enchiladas(65)
Sort By :
I would like more easy slow cooker recipes like this one.
I love this, I use foil to lift it out and use corn tortillas I sauté the corn tortillas in hot olive oil for a minute just until they are flexible this also cuts down in the sauce penetrating the tortilla and it is not slimy and holds together better
This was very good. I did used corn tortillas and I used 1 Tablespoon of chili powder and 1 tsp of cumin. I used fresh beans and added some garlic to the meat. I only used 1/2 can of tomatoes with chiles because I was afraid the kids would find it too spicy, I used broth instead of water and increased it until it seemed of good consistency. I realize I changed it but the recipe did inspire me to make it so I gave it 3 stars. I only cooked for 4 hours.
This is a yummy recipe, my family loved it! I saw where the tortillas came out slimy for someone, so I warmed up all the tortillas in my cast iron skillet.just so they were warm. We put enchilada sauce and sour cream to finish and more cheese. Thank you! I Wil definitely make this again.
Hated it. Couldn't get over the slimy tortillas. Threw most of it out. Maybe you could eat the meat/bean part with tortilla chips.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >