Looking for something new to beat dinnertime doldrums? Try my pumpkin soup! A touch of curry powder lends an aromatic spiced appeal while whipping cream gives the soup its silky texture.—Debbie Flocco, Norristown, Pennsylvania
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to slow cooker. Stir in milk and cream. Cook on high for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Pumpkin Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p24
Reviews for Slow Cooker Curried Pumpkin Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review