Slow Cooker Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to slow cooker. Stir in milk and cream. Cook on high for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Curried Pumpkin Soup
Sort By :
Good overall flavor, just a little too spicy for my taste - I used just 2 tsp. curry and would probably leave out the cayenne pepper next time. I also used 2 cups (total)of milk instead of the cream called for. I loved the easy prep - just putting the ingredients in the crockpot and letting it cook until it was time to puree and add the milk. I used an immersion blender instead of a regular blender - worked very well and was less hassle.