I’m a teacher, and this is one of my go-to recipes for faculty potlucks. It’s great for Thanksgiving, too, when you’re looking for an easy, comforting dish that has just a little bit of bite. —Shelby Winters, Bonner Springs, Kansas
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 6 cups frozen corn (about 30 ounces), thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Stir just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Creamed Corn in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p106
Reviews for Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2016
"Wonderful side dish!! Easy to put together, had an amazing taste and goes great with my pot roast. I will be making this dish a lot as it's now a must have in my family!!! Thank you for sharing this ."