- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with meat. Yield: 10 servings (5 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup sauce equals 294 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.