Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, cherries, brown sugar and wine. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Stir in vinaigrette.
- 2. Place half of the onion and apple in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; add to slow cooker. Top with remaining onion and apple. Pour cranberry mixture over top. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat. Yield: 10 servings (5 cups sauce).
5 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup sauce equals 294 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.