Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Recipe
You can put this roast in the slow cooker and then forget about it, knowing it will be moist and tender when you get home after a day of work or Christmas shopping. The fruity sauce complements the meat so well. -Joyce Turley Slaughters, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:9-12 servings
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper and cloves; pour over roast.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, water and salt until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 9-12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC