You can put this roast in the slow cooker and then forget about it, knowing it will be moist and tender when you get home after a day of work or Christmas shopping. The fruity sauce complements the meat so well. -Joyce Turley Slaughters, Kentucky
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt to taste
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper and cloves; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, water and salt until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p39
Reviews for Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review