- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt to taste
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper and cloves; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, water and salt until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork
"This is delicious... so easy and so good!"
"This is absolutely delicious! I added 2 chicken bouillon cubes to the mix and 1/4 tsp ground ginger as well. Used Stevia instead of sugar to cut back on the sugar content. Thickened the broth and served it over the pork and whole potatoes that I added to the crock pot. So good!"
"Very good. I used 1/4 c of sugar but followed everything else exactly."
"Excellent! Cut back a bit on the sugar and used OJ instead of cranberry! Yum!"
"I love this recipe! I have made it 3 times now. I use a 3-4 lb pork loin roast as that is what my grocer carries most often. HIGHLY recommend only using a scant 1/4 c. sugar- you will not miss it, I promise. When I made it this time around, I did not want to take the time to brown the roast so I skipped this step and the results were still fantastic. Definitely only 5-10 mins to prepare this. This is a go-to crock pot dish for me!"