Slow Cooker Cranberry-Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Combine the garlic powder, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Transfer to a 5- to 6-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, chili sauces and marmalade; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounces cooked chicken with 1/3 cup sauce equals 417 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.