Slow Cooker Citrus Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, thyme, ginger and pepper; rub over roast. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast on all sides in oil.
- 2. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and orange peel; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 474 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 56 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Citrus Pork Roast
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.