- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Cut roast in half. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, thyme, ginger and pepper; rub over roast. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast on all sides in oil.
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and orange peel; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Pork Roast in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Citrus Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review