Slow Cooker Cider Recipe
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1. Place cinnamon, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form a bag.
- 2. Place cider and brown sugar in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir until sugar dissolves. Add spice bag. Place orange slices on top. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 2 quarts.
1 cup: 177 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Slow Cooker Cider
"It is very good."
"I made this for a fall party with all my coworkers everybody loved it! it was gone before the end of the party! I even double the recipe! I only used half the amount of the brown sugar and I did not have a whole allspice so I did omit that completely ! I can't wait to make it for Thanksgiving like other reviewer suggested"
"This was very good my family loved it !"
"Delicious! I didn't have an orange, but all my friends loved it! I also put my crockpot on high for only 2 hours and it worked great."
"I don't like my cider overly sweet, so I made this recipe using 1/2 the amount of brown sugar, so just 1/4 cup. It was delicious and smelled wonderful! I was also in a hurry and only had 2.5 hours to mull it, so I set my crockpot on high instead of low to speed things up."
"This was a big hit on Thanksgiving!"
"Couldn't have been more satisfying. A huge hit in our house and will become a part of our regular fall recipes!"
"This cider was very good. Easy to make and has a wonderful flavor. So nice on an Autumn day."
"Excellent taste, easy to make, everyone loved it too!"
"Best cider ever and the aroma in house, festive. Makes mel'skitchen"
"I made this Christmas day for all the relatives. They loved it and asked for the recipe!"