Slow Cooker Cider
There's no last-minute rush when you slowly simmer this punch. —Alpha Wilson, Roswell, New Mexico
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- Place cinnamon, cloves and allspice in a double thickness of
- cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form
- a bag.
- Place cider and brown sugar in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir until sugar
- dissolves. Add spice bag. Place orange slices on top. Cover and cook
- on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag.
- Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 177 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.