- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- Place cinnamon, cloves and allspice in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form a bag.
- Place cider and brown sugar in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir until sugar dissolves. Add spice bag. Place orange slices on top. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Cider
Sort By :
"Delicious! I didn't have an orange, but all my friends loved it! I also put my crockpot on high for only 2 hours and it worked great."
"I don't like my cider overly sweet, so I made this recipe using 1/2 the amount of brown sugar, so just 1/4 cup. It was delicious and smelled wonderful! I was also in a hurry and only had 2.5 hours to mull it, so I set my crockpot on high instead of low to speed things up."
"This was a big hit on Thanksgiving!"
"Couldn't have been more satisfying. A huge hit in our house and will become a part of our regular fall recipes!"
"This cider was very good. Easy to make and has a wonderful flavor. So nice on an Autumn day."