- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- Place cinnamon, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form a bag.
- Place cider and brown sugar in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir until sugar dissolves. Add spice bag. Place orange slices on top. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Cider
"Delicious! Easy to make, had lots of great comments on the flavor. Will be a family fav hot beverage for both Thanksgiving and Christmas"
"It is very good."
"I made this for a fall party with all my coworkers everybody loved it! it was gone before the end of the party! I even double the recipe! I only used half the amount of the brown sugar and I did not have a whole allspice so I did omit that completely ! I can't wait to make it for Thanksgiving like other reviewer suggested"
"This was very good my family loved it !"
"Delicious! I didn't have an orange, but all my friends loved it! I also put my crockpot on high for only 2 hours and it worked great."