- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and sliced jalapenos, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, water, chilies, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Garnish with sour cream and jalapenos if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chunky Chili
Sort By :
"Loved this chili recipe. It is somewhat mild in flavor, but perfect for serving to others as I provide many toppings to choose from so that it can be made to suit anyone's taste. I made per the recipe instructions above aside from adding a pinch of salt instead of 2 t. - and did use No/Low Sodium ingredients where possible."
"Just awesome! The only thing I do different is that I don't add a slice of jalapeño on top of my chili. I like to top it with cheddar cheese and sour cream."
"Easy to make and very yummy!"
"This chili is yummy. It is a bit runny. I didn't add the water and used canned tomatoes drained."
"I ended up making it with sausage instead of the ground meat and added celery and corn just to sneak in some veggies, and my whole family esp my hubby raved about it said it was the best chili they ever had!"