Slow Cooker Chunky Chili Recipe
My family (especially my dad) loves chili. After experimenting with several recipes, I came up with my own version that uses ground turkey and is conveniently prepared in a slow cooker.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and sliced jalapenos, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, water, chilies, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Garnish with sour cream and jalapenos if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 245 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,206 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC