- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and sliced jalapenos, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, water, chilies, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Garnish with sour cream and jalapenos if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chunky Chili
Sort By :
"Really tasty - reduced chili powder to 1 tsp as my kids don't like spicy. It is delicious."
"Loved this chili recipe. It is somewhat mild in flavor, but perfect for serving to others as I provide many toppings to choose from so that it can be made to suit anyone's taste. I made per the recipe instructions above aside from adding a pinch of salt instead of 2 t. - and did use No/Low Sodium ingredients where possible."
"Just awesome! The only thing I do different is that I don't add a slice of jalapeño on top of my chili. I like to top it with cheddar cheese and sour cream."
"Easy to make and very yummy!"
"This chili is yummy. It is a bit runny. I didn't add the water and used canned tomatoes drained."