Slow-Cooker Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), trimmed and cut in half
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the tomato sauce, onion, water, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, mustard, bouillon and garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary; transfer to a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with roast. Yield: 10 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 337 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Chuck Roast
"Planning to make this this week (probably Wednesday 10/1613), will be using meat for making soup. Although my husband isn't crazy over soup (he says it's not really filling), cooking it in crock opot to ensure tenderness, then transferring to Dutch Oven, finishing it up with homemade dumplings may just be the ticket!! Joscy"
"This was just ok. My family didn't care for the taste of the gravy."
"This was so good! I was planning on using the beef in a different recipe, but once I tasted it, I thought it was too good so we just ate it as it was. This is definitely my go-to roast recipe now."
"Had Mother-in-law over for dinner~ everyone loved the roast. And no one had any idea I used coffee!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.