Slow-Cooker Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), trimmed and cut in half
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the tomato sauce, onion, water, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, mustard, bouillon and garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary; transfer to a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with roast. Yield: 10 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with 1/3 cup gravy equals 337 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.