- 1 pound fresh chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo, onion, red pepper and jalapenos over medium heat 7-8 minutes or until cooked through and vegetables are tender, breaking chorizo into crumbles; drain. Cool slightly.
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of the potatoes, chorizo mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and pepper until blended; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-4-1/2 hours or until eggs are set and a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chorizo Breakfast Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p76
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review