- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cake batter; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
Sort By :
"This cake was very rich and very good. I would call it a pudding cake rather than lava cake but that is not a big deal. We used to make pudding cake when I was growing up and this reminded me of that."
"This cake was just so-so in my opinion. It is easy to put together, but don't forget it as you can most crock pot meals. Mine like other reviewers was done in 2-2.5 hours tops. The flavor is just so-so and it seemed to lack the "molten" texture I was looking for in lava cake. My daughter who is a choc-o-holic was not impressed either. Good to try but I wouldn't take this to an event or make again."
"I had it at church it was the bomb"
"OMG this looked too easy and it was and how great to just serve it out of the slow cooker and it stayed warm so when it was time for dessert - voila it was ready and warm"
"Really not a lava cake, exactly. More of a chocolate pudding cake. However, It is delicious and got rave reviews when I used it! I tried it using a spice cake mix instead of chocolate, and it was great."