- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cake batter; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
Sort By :
I've made this several times, exactly as the recipe says, and it's been a hit every time. Deliciously sweet, warm, and rich. It IS chocolate, after all!
Good, easy to put together. Could be slightly sweeter. Careful with your cook time-- in my slow cooker, this was done at 2.5 hours.
This was good, but not GREAT. I actually agree with the one reviewer who said it was not sweet enough. I may try a different cake mix next time rather than devil's food. It was very easy, though, hence the 4 stars instead of 3. Also, my daughter and husband both loved it.
I made exactly according to the recipe and used a liner as suggested. It didn't start to burn, but it was ready to eat in about 2.5 hours.
Nutritional info? Can you substitute 2% milk with skim milk?