- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (22 ounces) Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Frozen Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. If desired, cut larger chicken strips into bite-size pieces; add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in spinach. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
Review by volunteer field editor: something this good should have been more difficult to make, but it went into the pot with no pre-cooking needed, and 8 hours later, spectacular soup on the table. I made a few minor changes: did not add the can of chopped green chiles because the diced tomatoes I used had green chiles as part of the mix; no spinach because I didn't have any on hand; and I added a bit of brewed coffee to lessen the degree of sweet from the canned tomatoes. And, just a wee bit of barley to thicken just slightly. Very good.