- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (22 ounces) Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Frozen Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. If desired, cut larger chicken strips into bite-size pieces; add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in spinach. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup
"This recipe was very easy to put together and was pretty good. It did seem to be lacking something. It needed to be thicken with rice and some more flavor wouldn't hurt."
"Review by volunteer field editor: something this good should have been more difficult to make, but it went into the pot with no pre-cooking needed, and 8 hours later, spectacular soup on the table. I made a few minor changes: did not add the can of chopped green chiles because the diced tomatoes I used had green chiles as part of the mix; no spinach because I didn't have any on hand; and I added a bit of brewed coffee to lessen the degree of sweet from the canned tomatoes. And, just a wee bit of barley to thicken just slightly. Very good."