- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, seasoned salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, ground chipotle pepper and paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 9 cups torn romaine
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato, sliced green onions and ranch salad dressing
- Mix seasonings; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add broth. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred with two forks. Serve over romaine; top as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Chicken Taco Salad
"This was really good. A nice lighter dinner."
"A little spicy for my 7 year old, but nothing altering the spices won't fix. Loved it in a salad and as tacos, too."
"This was WONDERFUL! I did make a couple of adjustments to use what I had on hand, so used taco seasoning instead of the chili powder and cumin and I did add sliced onion and bell pepper along with the chicken. Also, used minced chipotle in adobo because I didn't have the ground version. Cooked it on low for about 3 hours and it was perfect. The chicken was SO tender - and was similar to the stewed chicken you'd get in a Mexican restaurant. I did add a bit of kosher salt at the end to taste. We used it for soft tacos. Next time, we'll try it in a salad.....and there will be a next time! Thank you for sharing this recipe! It's super easy and it's a keeper!!"
"My husband raved about this recipe. I loved the chicken!"