- 1 leftover rotisserie chicken carcass
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 6 cups water
- Place the first nine ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add water. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Strain stock through a cheesecloth-lined colander; discard vegetables, bones, herbs and peppercorns. If using immediately, skim fat. Or, cool stock, then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight; remove fat from surface before using. (Stock may be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen 4-6 months.) Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chicken Stock in TasteofHome.com 2016
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review