- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
"Great recipe! I happened to have Italian seasoned chicken breasts on hand, so I used them. I added a small chopped onion, salt and pepper. The chicken was so tender after about 6 hours it was falling apart, so I just shredded it into large pieces, and it ended up being like a chicken stew! Delish!"
"will definetly make again quick easy and so simple put it own leave it alone and wow full meal for my family!"
"The only things I did differently was to add a can of cream of mush and garlic since that was all I had, and to add a few more spices. Good, simple meal!"
"We love this! Made this several times! Will definitely be making again real soon!"
"I served this at a friendly dinner. Everyone liked it, though I did see several people adding salt and pepper. I will probably add more garlic and rosemary next time, but will definitely use this recipe again."
"This was very good. I did, however, make one substitution. Instead of cream of mushroom (I hate mushrooms), I used cream of broccoli. Husband liked it so much, he ate two large bowls. Definitely going in my recipe box to be used again. Thank you for sharing!"
"First time trying this dinner and I really Loved it"
"Good meal on a cool night. It does need more flavor. Be sure to add herbs."