- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
"It was very tasty! After reading some of the previous reviews, I decided to take their advice & add an extra cream of chix soup & an onion soup packet. Good flavor...will make again!!:)"
"I served this at a friendly dinner. Everyone liked it, though I did see several people adding salt and pepper. I will probably add more garlic and rosemary next time, but will definitely use this recipe again."
"This was very good. I did, however, make one substitution. Instead of cream of mushroom (I hate mushrooms), I used cream of broccoli. Husband liked it so much, he ate two large bowls. Definitely going in my recipe box to be used again. Thank you for sharing!"
"This was the best chicken we ever had from a slow cooker. Very nice dinner to come home to after church. I wouldn't and didn't change a thing!"
"First time trying this dinner and I really Loved it"