Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
After reading other reviews, I used a few more potatoes, used crushed garlic instead of garlic salt and added rosemary for flavor. I used season salt and ground pepper on top of the chicken before adding soup. About an hour before serving, I removed the chicken to a platter and covered with foil and then added fresh mushrooms and frozen green beans to pot - turned pot up to high. The chicken was tender and the soup/veggies were very tasty. This is definitely a keeper.
The chicken was very tender and juicy. Veggies were perfect. Both my husband and I loved it.
if you alter the recipe then why rate it? no wonder you didn't like it
I love this dish, anytime I see cream of chicken or mushroom soup, I know it's going to taste good. It reminds me of the good ole' day's. I'm making this again tonight. Yum! Thanks for the recipe.
This was fantastic! We seasoned 'to taste' using garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and rosemary. We also added a half cup of white wine. We will definitely be making this tasty treat again!