- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
"First time trying this dinner and I really Loved it"
"Good meal on a cool night. It does need more flavor. Be sure to add herbs."
"After reading other reviews, I used a few more potatoes, used crushed garlic instead of garlic salt and added rosemary for flavor. I used season salt and ground pepper on top of the chicken before adding soup. About an hour before serving, I removed the chicken to a platter and covered with foil and then added fresh mushrooms and frozen green beans to pot - turned pot up to high. The chicken was tender and the soup/veggies were very tasty. This is definitely a keeper."
"if you alter the recipe then why rate it? no wonder you didn't like it"
"I love this dish, anytime I see cream of chicken or mushroom soup, I know it's going to taste good. It reminds me of the good ole' day's. I'm making this again tonight. Yum! Thanks for the recipe."