Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner Recipe
"I love using my slow cooker because it's so convenient," writes Jenet Cattar of Neptune Beach, Florida. "This meal-in-one, which includes juicy chicken and tasty veggies in a creamy sauce, is ready to eat when I get home from the office."
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- 1. Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 407 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,250 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC