Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
"I love using my slow cooker because it's so convenient," writes Jenet Cattar of Neptune Beach, Florida. "This meal-in-one, which includes juicy chicken and tasty veggies in a creamy sauce, is ready to eat when I get home from the office."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken.
- Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are
- tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30
- minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 407 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,250 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 29 g protein.