- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
"We really liked this recipe. The chicken was so tender, we didn't even have to use a knife to cut it. The soups make a perfect gravy. Definitely a keeper."
"This is a great recipe! I added one onion cut into wedges. You can change up the soup flavors easily to suit your preferences."
"I'm usually one to agree with most reviewers on this site, but for this one I have to disagree. I made it exactly as written - chicken was very tender as were the veggies - but the flavor of the whole dish was simply, bland. Much more bland than I anticipated. My 1yo son ate it up; Mommy and Daddy chose to eat something else after a small taste."
"I saw this recipe and thought I'd try it since I was having a busy grandbaby day. We're not fond of cooked carrots, so I only put two chopped carrots in. Didn't have chicken breasts so I used chicken tenders. Put my tenders in frozen and cooked on high for one hour. It was done in five hours and very tender and flavorful. Grandbaby gobbled it up and wanted more! Very easy and good recipe! Thanks for sharing!"
"Great recipe! I happened to have Italian seasoned chicken breasts on hand, so I used them. I added a small chopped onion, salt and pepper. The chicken was so tender after about 6 hours it was falling apart, so I just shredded it into large pieces, and it ended up being like a chicken stew! Delish!"
"will definetly make again quick easy and so simple put it own leave it alone and wow full meal for my family!"
"The only things I did differently was to add a can of cream of mush and garlic since that was all I had, and to add a few more spices. Good, simple meal!"
"We love this! Made this several times! Will definitely be making again real soon!"
"I served this at a friendly dinner. Everyone liked it, though I did see several people adding salt and pepper. I will probably add more garlic and rosemary next time, but will definitely use this recipe again."