This festive twist on traditional chicken curry can be tailored to your tastes. Try replacing green beans with fresh sugar snap peas, or use a spicier salsa to turn up the heat. —Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (8 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup peach salsa
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- Place the chicken, kidney beans, onion and red pepper in 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, curry powder, salt and pepper; pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in green beans. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chicken Curry in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p21
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review