Slow Cooker Chicken & Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips
- In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until chicken and sweet potatoes are tender. Serve with cheese, sour cream and chips. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken & Sweet Potato Chili
Sort By :
"Other than the fact that the sweet potatoes were still hard after all day in a slow cooker, I liked this recipe. Interesting combination of flavors and ingredients. As the other reviewer stated, the cinnamon really flavors this chili."
"Excellent! I love how the cinnamon flavors this chili. I didn't have coriander so I used cumin and I made it on the stovetop since I don't have a slow cooker."