Slow Cooker Cherry Buckle Recipe
This is my version of a recipe I saw on a cooking show. When the enticing aromas of this down-home dessert drift into the kitchen, it's hard not to take a peek in the slow cooker, but keep that lid on! For a really decadent dessert, top servings off with vanilla ice cream.—Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine pears and pie filling; stir in extract. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oats, almonds and brown sugar; stir in melted butter. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until topping is golden brown. If desired, serve with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Cherry Buckle in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p87
Reviews for Slow Cooker Cherry Buckle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2014
"It was easy and good, but it was also overly sweet. My family and our guests felt like it needed a little tartness. I think I might make it again but would add some lemon juice/zest? Possibly some dried sour cherries?"