Slow Cooker Cheese Dip
I brought this spicy cheese dip to my guild, where it was a huge hit. It's a terrific take-a-long appetizer. - Marion Bartone, Conneaut, Ohio
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in
- cheese and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until cheese is melted,
- stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 quarts.
If you're planning on serving Slow Cooker Cheese Dip at a holiday party or family get-to-gether, make it ahead and freeze it. Than all you need to do is thaw and reheat it.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.