I brought this spicy cheese dip to my guild, where it was a huge hit. It's a terrific take-a-long appetizer. - Marion Bartone, Conneaut, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cheese and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Cheese Dip in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p66
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review