Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider Recipe
Spiced with cinnamon sticks, allspice and caramel, this warm-you-up sipper is sure to chase away winter's chill. Serve brimming mugs of the hot beverage alongside a platter of festive cookies at your next holiday gathering. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours YIELD:12 servings
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- Whipped cream, hot caramel ice cream topping and cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the apple cider, caramel syrup and lemon juice. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add seeds to cider mixture. Place the bean, cinnamon sticks and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to cider mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Pour cider into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, caramel topping and additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC