- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- Whipped cream, hot caramel ice cream topping and cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the apple cider, caramel syrup and lemon juice. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add seeds to cider mixture. Place the bean, cinnamon sticks and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to cider mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Pour cider into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, caramel topping and additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider
"This is a great Holiday drink to war you up on a cold night"
"Could this be done in an industrial size coffee brewer/percolator? I have one that I use just for wassail; the spices and the vanilla bean could go in the basket, and the juice mixture would "perk" over them.As of November 27, 2014, I can answer "yes" this can be done in a big coffee urn. I did that yesterday for breakfast for us, and it worked very well. I put the cinnamon sticks, the allspice berries and the vanilla bean (after scraping) in the basket and let the juice mixture "perk" over them. Very tasty, too."
"Perfect Holiday drink."