Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider Recipe
Spiced with cinnamon sticks, allspice and caramel, this warm-you-up sipper is sure to chase away winter's chill. Serve brimming mugs of the hot beverage alongside a platter of festive cookies at your next holiday gathering. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- Whipped cream, hot caramel ice cream topping and cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the apple cider, caramel syrup and lemon juice. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add seeds to cider mixture. Place the bean, cinnamon sticks and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to cider mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Pour cider into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, caramel topping and additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p96
Reviews for Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review