Slow Cooker Calico Beans Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 15 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Calico Beans
Sort By :
Excellent dish. Loved that I could use my slow cooker. I used banana peppers as my garden is full of them. Will make and take on an upcoming family camping vacation.
Neither of us could put our finger on it but it just had a funny taste.
Excellent recipe. It works great in a slow cooker, I let it cook on high for several hours stirring occasionally, then turned to low. Also, I used Olive Oil instead of Canola to sauté the veggies and it is really good!!
I may have added a bit more Worcestershire sauce as I didn't measure carefully. It turned out well. I will make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >