“When my adult children are coming over for dinner, this is the request. All three of them and their significant others love this dish. Yum!” -Urilla Cheverie of Alfred, Maine
- 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Burgundy Beef in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p56
Reviews for Slow Cooker Burgundy Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review