- 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Burgundy Beef
"I made this for my mother's birthday dinner and everyone loved it. I used a Pinot Noir and Amish noodles. Delicious!"
"This was just OK, too many onions, and we love onions, too spicey, my 87 year father, who will eat anything gave it a rating of 3 out of 10. Alway try a receipe twice, will make again, with less onions, less paprika"
"This recipe is AWESOME..and we used a bag of Amish noodles that we found in the grocery store..and they were excellent with this. I will always make this recipes...thanks!"