- 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Burgundy Beef
Sort By :
"Very good, tasty recipe! I used shallots instead of onions and added in fresh sliced mushrooms and fresh ground black pepper. I found this to be a little too sweet for me , so next time I will cut the brown sugar in half. Taste was delicious though, definitely will make again. ."
"This was just OK, too many onions, and we love onions, too spicey, my 87 year father, who will eat anything gave it a rating of 3 out of 10. Alway try a receipe twice, will make again, with less onions, less paprika"
"This recipe is AWESOME..and we used a bag of Amish noodles that we found in the grocery store..and they were excellent with this. I will always make this recipes...thanks!"