Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Buffalo wing sauce
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- Chopped celery and additional crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in wing sauce and spaghetti sauce. In a small bowl, mix ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- 2. Spread 1 cup sauce onto the bottom of an oval 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles to fit), 1 cup sauce, a third of the peppers and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with blue cheese.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Top with celery and additional blue cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 445 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,996 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.