Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Buffalo wing sauce
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- Chopped celery and additional crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in wing sauce and spaghetti sauce. In a small bowl, mix ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- 2. Spread 1 cup sauce onto the bottom of an oval 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles to fit), 1 cup sauce, a third of the peppers and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with blue cheese.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Top with celery and additional blue cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 445 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,996 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
"Excellent recipe. The red pepper really adds to the dish."
"This went over well at my house. I did make some modifications. I used cut up boneless chicken breast and made my own buffalo sauce (doubled the amount called for) It was very rich and delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Heidi."
"I made with roast chicken not ground, used 3/4 cup hot sauce and 3 1/4 cup tomato sauce. Didn't cook noodles. Very good."
"Very good - the whole family loved it. I loved how easy it was to make!"
"I made this and my family loved it. I added extra of both sauces to make sure it didn't end up on the dry side. My family likes lasagna extra saucy though :)"