- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Buffalo wing sauce
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- Chopped celery and additional crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in wing sauce and spaghetti sauce. In a small bowl, mix ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Spread 1 cup sauce onto the bottom of an oval 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles to fit), 1 cup sauce, a third of the peppers and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Top with celery and additional blue cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
"The flavor of this is pretty good, and it was easy to make, but the Frank's Wing Sauce makes it so salty we can barely eat it. If I made it again I'd probably cut the amount of sauce."
"This was easy to make and tasted even better the second day!"
"I cut this recipe in half and put it in my 3 quart slow cooker and I think it worked out well! I used a tomato basil pasta sauce and Sweet Baby Ray's buffalo wing sauce. It was pretty spicy! I didn't use the full amount of ground chicken because it was a leftover from another dish. I also didn't have the full amount of ricotta (oversight by me). I wish I had had all the ricotta and I might have even added a bit more in to quell the heat. I used the feta instead of bleu cheese (my husband isn't a fan). The red pepper gives this a great little crunch, just an extra texture, which was really nice. Because my slow cooker runs hot, the meal was done in about 2 hours. Very yummy, and I ate my entire bowl, despite hating spicy food. I did add a bit more mozzarella on top to help with the heat in mine ;) I'd make this again."
"Excellent recipe. The red pepper really adds to the dish."
"This went over well at my house. I did make some modifications. I used cut up boneless chicken breast and made my own buffalo sauce (doubled the amount called for) It was very rich and delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Heidi."
"I made with roast chicken not ground, used 3/4 cup hot sauce and 3 1/4 cup tomato sauce. Didn't cook noodles. Very good."
"Very good - the whole family loved it. I loved how easy it was to make!"
"I made this and my family loved it. I added extra of both sauces to make sure it didn't end up on the dry side. My family likes lasagna extra saucy though :)"