Slow-Cooker Bread Pudding
In Hebron, Indiana, Edna Hoffman uses her slow cooker to turn day-old cinnamon rolls into a comforting, old-fashioned dessert. "It tastes wonderful topped with lemon or vanilla sauce or whipped cream," she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 8 cups cubed day-old unfrosted cinnamon rolls
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- Place cubed cinnamon rolls in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl,
- whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir in
- raisins. Pour over cinnamon rolls; stir gently. Cover and cook on
- low for 3 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: 8 slices of cinnamon or white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, may be substituted for the cinnamon rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 570 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 226 mg cholesterol, 468 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.