Slow Cooker Beef with Red Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-in. cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 9 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Hot cooked noodles, rice or mashed potatoes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Place beef and onion in a 4-qt. slow cooker; rub beef with spice mixture. Pour tomatoes over the top; sprinkle with vinegar, gingersnaps and garlic.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in sugar. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup (calculated without mashed potatoes) equals 388 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef with Red Sauce
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.